logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: VirtualHost/Subdomain Redirect Help
Author
antwonw

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar '13 1:10    Post subject: VirtualHost/Subdomain Redirect Help Reply with quote

I am trying to setup a subdomain and/or virtual host to redirect to a specific port and path. I am, however, having great difficulties doing this.

I have setup my server with DDYNS through my domain name registar.

Through the ddyns client I have set it to assign a subdomain of "outside.name.com" so that my server will have a easy name to get to instead of a dynamic ip address.

I have also setup on my registrars host records another subdomain of "inside.name.com" with a static IP address for internet network accessing to my server.

My problem is that I have a service/program on my server that I need access to both internally and externally and this service can only be access through a port of 32400 and HTTP address of /web. (e.g. outside.name.com:32400/web or inside.name.com:32400/web)

This is annoying for others to type out and I am just wanting to make it look pretty. Is there a way that I can create a VirtualHost or Subdomain of "service.*.name.com" that redirects them to ":32400/web" of the hostname they're on? (e.g. service.outside.name.com automatically forwards or proxies--to keep it pretty--to service.outside.name.com:32400/web)

Thanks!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar '13 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a reverse proxy (nicer solution) or a simple redirect

Reply to topic   Topic: VirtualHost/Subdomain Redirect Help View previous topic :: View next topic