logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Building Problem with VS2008
Author
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar '13 7:05    Post subject: Apache Building Problem with VS2008 Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am compiling apache in my machine. Last time i compiled it successfully.
But now it showing error when i build the solution in VS2008. It gives 8 error. It tells the following files are missing.

oci.h, db.h, regex.h,mysql.h,sqlite.h,sqlite3.h and 2 more files.

When i open the Apache.dsw with VS2008 it shows dftables.dsp and pcre.dsp has been corrupted and cannot opened.

When i execute the following command it doesnt give any error

cd Apache22
srclib\apr\build\lineends.pl

srclib\apr\build\cvtdsp.pl -2005

cd ..\..\zlib
nmake -f win32/Makefile.msc LOC="-DASMV -DASMINF -I." OBJA="inffas32.obj match686.obj"
MT -manifest zlib1.dll.manifest -outputresource:zlib1.dll;2

cd ..\..\srclib\openssl
perl Configure VC-WIN32 --prefix=/Apache2.2 --openssldir=/Apache2.2/conf enable-camellia disable-idea

ms\do_nasm
nmake /f ms\ntdll.mak

Please help me. Its urgent.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Kumar
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar '13 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the corrupt dftables & pcre should be fixed with lineends.pl and cvtdsp.pl as you have done. You should probably start over with the dsw/dsp conversion if you did not use those .pl files first as it sounds. If you did, then something is not right in your sources.

To rid the build tree of the VC9 stuff run
del /s *.vcp*
del apache.sln

As far as oci.h, db.h, regex.h, mysql.h, sqlite.h, sqlite3.h

It looks to my like either
1. you are trying to build some or all of the apr_dbd_* and apr_dbm_* projects
2. have the switches for these set to 1 in srclib/apr-util/apu.h
or both.

The only apr_dbd or dbm project that is built by default is apr_dbd_odbc because Windows has this project's dependencies built into it since Windows itself uses odbc.

So if you want to build all these others, you will need to also have all their dependency libraries & headers available.
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar '13 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smith.

I sorted out the problem of corrupt dftables and pcre. But now the problem how to solve the missing file problem.
I found error raise at line #include <oci.h> when compile file apr_dbd_oracle.c under the project
apr_dbd_oracle.
it shows following error
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'oci.h': No such file or directory D:\Apache22\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_oracle.c 60

Please suggest me how can i solve this. this file may require for other files too.

Thanks
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar '13 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

As "glsmith" said above: you will need to also have all their dependency libraries & headers available.

So you need the LIB's and INCLUDE's from Oracle.

Do you need apr_dbd_oracle ?

When you using the GUI build, just do a Buildbin or Install, then it is not asking for it.
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smith and Steffen.

But i am completely stuck by this problem. Earlier i compiled it successfully Apache 2.21.
But i dont know why i am getting this problem now. I am compiling it on the same machine.
Even I didnt have oracle too.
So please suggest me how can i get rid off this problem.
if only orcale lib and include can solve this problem. Then from where i can download this.
Please suggest this also.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Kumar
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

you doing a GUI or command build?
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing GUI build.
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click on the BuildBin project, choose Project Dependencies and make sure there are no apr_dbd and apr_dbm projects checked.

However, the dbd & dbm projects are still controlled by makefile.win, if you have modified it, that could be the case as well.

If this is happening when building the aprutil (not libaprutil) project, then chances are in apu.h you have
Code:
#define APU_HAVE_ORACLE         0
set to 1.

There are a few possibilities and since I only have the one line of error to look at, I can't see exactly where the build is barfing.
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smith,

I am pasting the Errorlog below:
Error 121 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions" BuildBin
Error 119 fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'd:\apachehttp2.2\modules\ssl\release\mod_ssl_src.idb' 1>.\mod_ssl.c
Error 93 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'db.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\include\apu_want.h 46
Error 94 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gdbm.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbm\apr_dbm_gdbm.c 28
Error 122 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libpq-fe.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_pgsql.c 27
Error 88 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_mysql.c 43
Error 86 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'oci.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_oracle.c 60
Error 89 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'regex.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_freetds.c 48
Error 90 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sqlite.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_sqlite2.c 24
Error 92 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sqlite3.h': No such file or directory d:\ApacheHTTP2.2\srclib\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd_sqlite3.c 24
Error 120 fatal error U1077: '"d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\ide\devenv.COM"' : return code '0x1' NMAKE

These are the errors.
Second thing i want to send you the log file but dont know how to attach here.
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

please reply someone...
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar '13 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

paste the full log at http://pastebin.com and post the link here.
meet2sanjay

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar '13 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smith,

Here are the link of Error log

[url]
http://pastebin.com/TYKFnUfp

Please respond as soon as possible it is on urgent basis.
I have feeling that this is due to apr-util. But cant confirm bcoz same code was compiled successfully sometime ago.
Meanwhile i will try this at my end. Please also tell me compatibility of apache version with apr-iconv, apr-util, zlib, pcre and openssl.

It will also help me a lot.
Do you know any techinqe so that i dont need to go each and every project to remove double quotes(") from under project properties -> Resource -> General

By the way thanks for your concern.
Thanks a lot.

Sanjay Kumar
[/url]
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar '13 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files needs to be in the include path / lib path of Visual Studio.

e.g. for mysql src code

/mysql/include and lib /mysql/lib/opt/

also working, but NOT recommend is

copy mysql includes (/mysql/include) to \srclib\apr\include
and
copy mysql libs (/mysql/lib/opt/libmysql.lib) to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Lib\x64\libmysql.lib

That is for the other db extensions the same.
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar '13 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

mysql is the easy one, the others however,

oracle you would have to obtain from oracle, I've never done it so do not know.

freetds, there's rumor of removing if I remember correctly.

db, db is BerkleyDB, google it, you will have to compile it.

pgsql you get from www.postgresql.org, I do not remember if it was easy to build

gdbm you get from http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/gdbm/, I think I remember this one being difficult.

sqlite/sqlite2/sqlite3, google them and build if necessary.

OR

Simply do not compile all these connectors. A GUI build they should not compile by default so YOU HAVE done something to make it happen, and it looks like you modified the makefile.win to do so.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Building Problem with VS2008 View previous topic :: View next topic