logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Can not load the mod_security on my Windows 7 box
Author
MarkS

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec '14 20:02    Post subject: Can not load the mod_security on my Windows 7 box Reply with quote

Windows event viewer gives me the following
"Cannot load modules/mod_security2.so into server: The specified module could not be found."

Right now I have it setup on my Windows 7 box (64 bit), but I cannot get modsecurity to load. From your download page I tried both VC11 and VC10 combinations of Apache 2.4.10 Win 64 server executables and the corresponding modules download that has modsecurity 2.8.0 on the same download page.

It also appears the latest modsecurity download was from April or so, and the Apache 2.4.10 was from October. So I thought it must be another mismatch issue, but did not know what to try to do.

I have seen on this post and other topics where people have had similar issues with previous releases and to change out pcre.dll and libxm2.dll.

Where can I find and download those files for 2.4.9 (or others) to try.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec '14 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume you checked that both Apache and mod_sec are win32 or win64, and not mixing vc10 and vc11.

When you follow the included readme, it should work.
Works here with the pcre and libxml2 from Apache 2.4.10.

Also do not forget to copy yajl.dll to the apache /bin folder !
MarkS

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec '14 17:29    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Thank you, I resolved this by completely removing older Apache 2.2, and then installing the 32 bit version and module.

Reply to topic   Topic: Can not load the mod_security on my Windows 7 box View previous topic :: View next topic