logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_perl2 Win32 binaries no longer hosted?
Author
TheArkive

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun '13 15:33    Post subject: mod_perl2 Win32 binaries no longer hosted? Reply with quote

I tried to follow the Fast Reliable and Proven Setup tutorial and all is well except when I get to Perl. I've installed all latest versions.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
APACHE v2.4.4 (from downloads section)
mod_fcgid v2.3.7 (from DL section)
PHP v5.4.16 NTS Win32
MySQL Community Ed v5.6.12 Win64
ActivePerl v5.16.3.1603 Win32 x64

When I tried typing this:

Code:
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl.ppd

I get this:

Code:
ppm install failed: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

I've crawled all over the Apache site trying to find a win32 binary, and all I can find is the 1.0 binary. I did some digging to look at building my own mod_perl2 and something called apsx seems to be something I lack since I downloaded a pre-compiled Apache zip instead of source and building it myself.

I'm not sure which is the best way to go at this point. How much of a pain is it to set up an IDE on Windows and compile your own stuff? I'm all up for learning but a little dazed about where to start. I've literally just barely got my feet wet in this area. I'll be digging to see how to get this whole thing setup (wish me luck!)

So, once again, my whole setup is working fine, but it seems that mod_perl2 is no longer hosted. Can I get it from someone that already has it maybe?

Thanks for any help!
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun '13 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no mod_perl for 2.4.

Here at the additional download page is a (latest) mod_perl for Apache 2.2.
TheArkive

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jun '13 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting me straight on that. It seems my several hours of reading missed the docs that would have easily explained that part.

Sorry for posting such an easy (semi-worthless) question.

Still looking up tons of docs...

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_perl2 Win32 binaries no longer hosted? View previous topic :: View next topic