logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: reverse proxy cache Apache 2.4.6
Author
mvuk

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov '13 22:40    Post subject: reverse proxy cache Apache 2.4.6 Reply with quote

I have Apache 2.4.6 on a Windows Server 2008 (windows build from apachelounge). I want to use it as reverse proxy cache with mod_cache_disk.

My configuration is:

Code:

<IfModule cache_module>

<IfModule cache_disk_module>

CacheRoot C:/temp/cache
       CacheEnable disk /
      CacheDirLevels 2
        CacheDirLength 3
      CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
      CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
      CacheIgnoreQueryString Off
      CacheDefaultExpire 3600
      CacheMaxExpire 86400
      CacheMaxFileSize 5000000
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

Loading a page with ~150 files (most images and js files) i keep runing into "locked requests" that are not comeing back and block the whole page from finishing loading. The files differ every time.

I see this warnings in my error.log (looks like they are connected to the behauviour above).

Code:

[Tue Nov 19 20:38:10.890013 2013] [cache_disk:warn] [pid 216692:tid 15924] (OS 5)Access is denied.  : [client x.x.x.x:58963] AH00699: rename tempfile to file failed: C:/temp/cache/aptmpcBQArf -> C:/temp/cache/H8Cta/9ha4U/Uhhhs/OlQfU/1Q.data, referer: http://x.x.x.x/tests/ver094.html
[Tue Nov 19 20:38:10.968011 2013] [cache_disk:warn] [pid 216692:tid 15920] (OS 5)Access is denied.  : [client x.x.x.x:58964] AH00699: rename tempfile to file failed: C:/temp/cache/aptmpcBQArf -> C:/temp/cache/@zvvK/whJhL/22F45/jsTKz/Cw.data, referer: http://x.x.x.x/tests/ver094.html
[Tue Nov 19 20:39:27.390452 2013] [cache_disk:warn] [pid 216692:tid 15960] (OS 5)Access is denied.  : [client x.x.x.x:30786] AH00699: rename tempfile to file failed: C:/temp/cache/aptmpqSbbER -> C:/temp/cache/H8Cta/9ha4U/Uhhhs/OlQfU/1Q.data, referer: http://x.x.x.x/tests/ver094.html

anyone who can help here?
mvuk

PostPosted: Wed 20 Nov '13 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the problem with a work around. I set the cache directory to the dynamic content only by changing

"CacheEnable disk /" to "CacheEnable disk /dynamicContent"
(there is a reverse proxy to a tomcat serving dynamic content under /dynamicContent)

Here is how this problem can be easy reporoduced (if someone is going to fix it) on windows7 or windows server 2008 with binaries from here (tested it with 2.4.3, 2.4.4,2.4.6 32 and 64 bit):

- enable mod_cache_disk and set it to apache root directory
- make a html file that loads ~150 css, javascript img files and put it in root directory
- load the html file. The first load without cache will always work, afterwards most of the times you will be stuck on few files that never finish up loading. Tested it with chrome, iron, firefox, ie, safari so it seems to be not browser specific

I guess for the most part this is a misconfiguration, since there is no need for static files to be put into disk cache, but it still can cause some headache.

Reply to topic   Topic: reverse proxy cache Apache 2.4.6 View previous topic :: View next topic