logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Issue building 2.2.26
Author
nawglan

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec '13 20:11    Post subject: Issue building 2.2.26 Reply with quote

I ran into an issue using the 2.2.26 source bundle from http://people.apache.org/~gsmith/httpd/releases/.

Compile steps taken from http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4936.

Since I'm using openssl-1.0.1e I also applied the two patches in that thread.

I am trying to upgrade to 2.2.26 and now it is complaining about unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_password_validate@8 referenced in function _authen_dbd_password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
C:\third_party\emsng_build\bin\NMAKE.EXE -nologo -f mod_authn_dbd.mak CFG="mod_authn_dbd - Win32 Release" RECURSE=0
link.exe @C:\Users\DESMON~1.DAI\AppData\Local\Temp\nmBA3B.tmp
Creating library .\Release\mod_authn_dbd.lib and object .\Release\mod_authn_dbd.exp
mod_authn_dbd.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_password_validate@8 referenced in function _authn_dbd_password
.\Release\mod_authn_dbd.so : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\link.exe"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\third_party\emsng_build\bin\NMAKE.EXE' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\third_party\emsng_build\bin\NMAKE.EXE' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Last edited by nawglan on Thu 26 Dec '13 20:53; edited 1 time in total
nawglan

PostPosted: Thu 26 Dec '13 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also tried compiling without the patches mentioned above, and it fails at that spot as well.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 27 Dec '13 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report, I have duplicated this problem and found another. I'll dig into it and report back when I have a fix.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 27 Dec '13 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there is an -r2 zip & 7z of 2.2.26 there now.

Those patches were for mod_ssl built with openssl 1.0.x but the patches will not be needed with these source packages. They will build with openssl 0.9.8 or 1.0.x without the need to be modified.
nawglan

PostPosted: Fri 27 Dec '13 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. I'll remove the patch application from my build chain and report back with results.
nawglan

PostPosted: Fri 27 Dec '13 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything compiled smoothly. Even got past the pesky tempfile.bat issue that usually forces me to run the build several times.

Thanks!

Reply to topic   Topic: Issue building 2.2.26 View previous topic :: View next topic