logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Do you have problems with the newest stuff? 2.4 x64 w/php5.4
Author
mrcullers

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun '12 8:36    Post subject: Do you have problems with the newest stuff? 2.4 x64 w/php5.4 Reply with quote

I have tried multiple times to upgrade to the 64bit version apache. I have no problems with apache by its self. It's php above 5.3 that either crashes apache or php crashes its self. Running on win7ultim x64 in virtualbox. Seams the only match I could get working is php 5.3 and apache 2.4 x32.

apache 2.22 x32 w/php 5.3 OK!
apache 2.4 x32 w/php 5.3 OK!
apache 2.4 x32 w/php 5.4 NOT OK!
apache 2.4 x64 w/php 5.4 NOT OK!
apache 2.4 x64 w/php 5.3 NOT OK!

Above is the results of a VERY LONG WEEKEND!

Anyone else running crazy talking to them selves in the driveway walking in circles?
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun '12 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should work. Please explain more NOT OK!.

What errors and what does the Apache and/or PHP log says ?

What happens when you type in a DOS box >httpd -t

Running with handler or mod_fcgid ?

Steffen
mrcullers

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 7:07    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Ok, I am going to attempt to install the latest again. As I do it, I will post any results along the way. Glad to see people take this seriously here.
mrcullers

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little study as I am downloading here.

Issue One
I noticed when downloading apache 2.4 x64 that it says nothing about working with php where as the x32 versions specify that they work with php. And I also do not see a php module available for download on the x64 page either.

Issue Two
Members Download - PHP 5.4.4 64 Bit for Windows, build by Virsacer currently has the date of June 18th 2012. Interesting, because when I tried using this php build it was before the 18th.

Ok, so more about the "NOT OK!" from above...

I think what happened is I was first using the apache x64 2.4 build that does not work with php x32. That was the first failure.

The second failure was when I used the x64 PHP which must have some kind of error in it at the time, thus why a new posted date of the 18th.

So obviously I first setup incorrectly, then tried to fix it with problem build of php. Then when I rolled back to x32 apache & x32 php evertything was fine.

So I am going to give the x64 apache with the members build of php (with a newer post date) another try, and see what happens from there.
Millennium

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also topic: http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4481

Option 4 is working like a charm and rockstable.

Don't seek your bless in PHP64 cause then there's a change some extensions you need are not compiled for 64bit or not working at all.
mrcullers

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News!

Got it working!!!

Either there was something wrong with the PHP 5.4.4 x64 posted before the 18th or I had miss configured previously in all the frustration. Considering my ini/conf files are a copy & paste I lean more towards the first one.

So confirmed!

ApacheLounge.com -> Downloads -> Additional -> Member Downloads -> PHP-5.4.4-Win64.zip

WORKS along with...

ApacheLounge.com -> Downloads -> Windows 64 -> Apache 2.4.2
mrcullers

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium

Your comment got me thinking.

Option 4) Apache64 with NTS PHP32 and FCGID64

I think what I did wrong may have been trying this..

Option Not On List) Apache64 with NTS PHP32 and FCGID32

So you can't run FCGID32 in this setup? It must be x64?

also....

I write applications for retail sale. Personally I do not like using too many advanced PHP features as it causes issues and narrows my buyers list down to a small group of people. I did the same thing when I wrote in Perl. Wrote for 4 when 5 was out just to make sure everyone remains a customer.

So as for the features, thanks for bringing that to my attention. If it is some serious things missing then it will be a problem. However, if it is small minor rarely used features then it really wont matter.

And...

I do like the response I see thus far, and I don't even have fcgid installed yet. Seams pretty fast without doing any testing yet. I am trying something new this time. I created a separate partition for everything. PHP, Apache, MySQL, PgSQL, Perl, Python & Ruby ALL have their own partitions.

Crazy huh?

H:\PHP
B:\Apache
K:\MySQL
L:\Perl etc etc etc...

Defrag should go pretty darn fast hehehe!
Millennium

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrcullers wrote:
Millennium

So you can't run FCGID32 in this setup? It must be x64?

correct Smile
mrcullers

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun '12 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is the results of the installation..

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=21827#21827

I have a feeling this answers the BIG Question regarding my last installations.

I made a new post so whomever is making these wonderful files for us, can look into a minor issue I discovered.
k_abjk

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec '13 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, discovered i could install Apache 2.4.7 win 64 vc11(from ApacheLounge) with php-5.5.7-Win32-VC11-x64 TS (from the php.net website) even though that php version is said to be experimental, all on a windows 8 64 bits Laptop. It works.
After 3 gruelling days of search elimination and trials. It finally works. I should mention i stumbled on Steffen's deliberation on this issue. Hope this assists somebody

Reply to topic   Topic: Do you have problems with the newest stuff? 2.4 x64 w/php5.4 View previous topic :: View next topic