logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Help with htaccess configuration
Author
pacman99

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 19:37    Post subject: Help with htaccess configuration Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't have much experience with htaccess files so I was hoping someone could help me. I have several directories being served by apache and I want each directory to have it's own configuration. I'd like each directory to be accessible by different users and a few superusers that can access all the directories.

For example, if I have users Joe, Rick, Sarah, Bob, Sandra
I want:

/blah/directory1 to be accessed by Joe, Rick
/blah/directory2 to be accessed by Bob, Sandra
/blah/directory1/some to be accessed by Rick

and Sarah being able to access all of these directories.

I didn't want to add Sarah individually to each directory's htpasswd file. I was hoping there was some sort of "inherit" command or something that could use usernames from two different htpasswd files or at least inherit permissions from a higher level htaccess file.

i.e.

/blah/.htaccess should allow access to all directories under /blah
/blah/directory1/.htaccess should allow people from /blah/.htaccess and some additional people for that specific directory only.

I hope this is clear. I can be pretty bad at explaining.
I tried just adding a htaccess file to /blah and /blah/directory1 but what I found was that people that can access /blah can't access /blah/directory1 (there was no inheriting of htaccess information)

btw I am running this on linux but the htaccess template shoudl be the same I hope.

Thanks~

Reply to topic   Topic: Help with htaccess configuration View previous topic :: View next topic