logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: LDAP authentication - not linking to server
Author
iridium_red

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan '14 21:56    Post subject: LDAP authentication - not linking to server Reply with quote

Hi,

I am running apache currently on my QNAP server, and have enabled webserver and LDAP. We have set up users on LDAP. I have created a landing page for access from the internet. I want to configure Apache to authenticate the users using LDAP before granting access to the landing directory.

I have started this with the apache configuration below:

My apache config file -

Code:
LogLevel debug
CustomLog "logs/access_log" combined
ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
LoadModule authnz_ldap_module modules/mod_authnz_ldap.so
ServerName MyServer
LDAPTrustedMode NONE
LDAPVerifyServerCert Off

SetHandler server-status
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
AuthType Basic
AuthName "MyServer"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPBindDN cn=admin,dc=myserver,dc=com
AuthLDAPBindPassword serverPW
AuthLDAPCompareDNOnServer Off
AuthLDAPURL
ldap://MyServer:389/ou=people,dc=MyServer,dc=comuid,ou=people,dc=MyServer,dc=com?sub NONE
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthUserFile /dev/null
Require valid-user
Satisfy any

When I access my page, I get the authentication prompt. But when I enter my LDAP login and password, I get thrown out of the system with the error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@NAS and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Looks like my apache configuration is a problem as I am able access my LDAP and everything with LDAP seems to be working fine except Apache configuration to authenticate against LDAP.

Thanks.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '14 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is in your error_log about that?

Reply to topic   Topic: LDAP authentication - not linking to server View previous topic :: View next topic