logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Any good how to guides for Mercury?
Author
Express

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '14 5:45    Post subject: Any good how to guides for Mercury? Reply with quote

I have been using hMailServer for a long time, the last time I tried to configure Mercury I saw the logs displaying evidence it was relaying spam like nobody's business.

I want to run that 'standard mail server'. I have a domain name, I just want to run a proper mail system with a piece of software thats (or at least looks) better than hMail.

Regards.

P.S: What is Apache Tomcat - in brief?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '14 17:31    Post subject: Re: Any good how to guides for Mercury? Reply with quote

Express wrote:

P.S: What is Apache Tomcat - in brief?

Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan '14 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache Lounge uses already for years Surgemail from http://netwinsite.com/surgemail/ . Has tons of (nowadays) options and a nice Webmail.

Steffen
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan '14 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever happened to googling?
Express

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar '14 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally come back to further consider my decision of possibly changing, but I'm trying to convince myself that something like Surgemail is worth it, if I could get Mercury working properly I'd be happy with that too.
gijs

PostPosted: Sat 29 Mar '14 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using mercury as well, and it was also sending out a lot of spam...

It appears to act like an open SMTP relay server.

Anyway I noticed that mercury hasn't been updated in a while and I now use smartermail (which is free if you want to create less than 10 mailboxes) and I'm very happy with it.
sambache

PostPosted: Wed 09 Apr '14 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Express

Express wrote:
Finally come back to further consider my decision of possibly changing, but I'm trying to convince myself that something like Surgemail is worth it, if I could get Mercury working properly I'd be happy with that too.

you want to setup Mercury as your mailserver ?
I have used it for years without any problem. What information are you excatly looking for ?

Johannes
Express

PostPosted: Tue 06 May '14 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

sambache,

The last time I tried to set up Mercury Mail it was being used an open mail relay server for spam mail.

I caught it through the logs, but I just don't 100% follow or understand exactly how to configure everything in the control panel, my current experience is that hMailServer is a lot easier.
sambache

PostPosted: Tue 06 May '14 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi express,

if you are happy with hmail go for it. If one day you like to try Mercury again, let me know.

Johannes
Express

PostPosted: Wed 07 May '14 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opportunity to use Mercury would be preferred, and now is the time to set it up if any as I don't yet have any mail server configured at all.

I'm inclined to learn how to use it and set it up properly since that is what is provided with XAMPP...

Reply to topic   Topic: Any good how to guides for Mercury? View previous topic :: View next topic