logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Bizarre 2.4.4 issue causes Apache to not send back responses
Author
dplucinski

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug '14 19:09    Post subject: Bizarre 2.4.4 issue causes Apache to not send back responses Reply with quote

I'm using Apache 2.4.4 as a part of WAMPSERVER 2.4 under Windows Server 2008 to host a business web application. I recently added a tool that involves users accessing the application from their mobile devices connected through our wifi network.

The issue occurs when a user is connected via our external address(x.x.x.x:8080). This issue does not occur if connected through our local address(192.168.x.x:8080).

First, the user makes a POST request to our server. The server handles the request and redirects the user to a GET version of the same page. Standard stuff.

However, if the user leaves the network while this process is occurring, the entire server will stop sending back responses. Localhost, x.x.x.x:8080, and 192.168.x.x:8080 all fail to receive responses until the Apache service is restarted.

If that isn't bizarre enough, my access.log continues to be filled with requests and my apache_error.log doesn't report any issues and even reports when the server is being restarted.

At first, I thought this might be a routing problem since it only occurs when connected though our external address and it isn't typical as far as I know for ALL Apache childs to become unresponsive. However, not being able to access the application through even localhost made me rethink that. So, I'm thinking it's a Windows or Apache issue, but that's as far as I've gotten.

I would greatly appreciate any solutions anyone may have. This makes our application nearly unusable because it's a system for punching in and out of work, so it's likely people will be trying to punch out while leaving the building and network, causing this issue.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug '14 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nothing in the error log? Anything in the windows event log?

Reply to topic   Topic: Bizarre 2.4.4 issue causes Apache to not send back responses View previous topic :: View next topic