logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Beginner needs help with Apache/Wordpress
Author
manticore

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun '14 18:07    Post subject: Beginner needs help with Apache/Wordpress Reply with quote

Not sure where my issue lies and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm new with the LAMP stack, having installed it for the first time a few days ago. I also installed Wordpress and starting building a blog with it. My issue is that when I'm connected to my local network everything runs fine. I activated port forwarding so I could access the site remotely and that's where the problem lies. When I connect remotely my Wordpress site looks like crap - almost like a site does when the css code doesn't process properly. Also, if I click on any link I get a page not found error. I don't know if this is a Wordpress issue, Apache issue or something with my router. As I say, I'm very new to this and I'm not sure where to look to fix this.

I appreciate any help.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun '14 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience the issue is with the wordpress config. Since you define a name or IP as hostname. Accessing wordpress from the outside often causes that some files like css are not loaded.
manticore

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jun '14 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, James. The cp-config file only specifies the db_host, which is 'localhost'. I 'think' that's correct, isn't it?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun '14 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

not in the config file. You can set the urls in
/wp-admin/options-general.php

WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL)
manticore

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun '14 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, thanks to your assistance! Actually, I went the the settings tab and changed the ip address of the wordpress instance to the external ip address instead of the internal one. Now everything is working just fine.

Thanks again for your help!

Reply to topic   Topic: Beginner needs help with Apache/Wordpress View previous topic :: View next topic