logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Install apache on Windows 7 x86 Professional ?
Author
shaggy

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun '14 12:29    Post subject: Install apache on Windows 7 x86 Professional ? Reply with quote

I have been having a heck of time installing apache on a windows 7 professional machine that is x86 not 64. I have been attempting to do a usb hard drive install on it.

Which apache do I use. I tried vc10 and vc11. 10 tell's me that apache cannot access the services. I would love 11 on it but don't get far on that either. What do I do?
I can't do a hard drive install due to lack of space so I gotta install it on a 2tb external usb hard drive.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun '14 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: changed your subject to a more meaningful one.

On Win 7 x86 you can use Apache VC11 Win32.
Do not forget to install vcredist_x86.exe from www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 .

It is only about 25 Mb for Apache after install, and you can place your DocumentRoot on the USB drive to serve your files.

Reply to topic   Topic: Install apache on Windows 7 x86 Professional ? View previous topic :: View next topic