logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL Windows binary available
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul '11 13:50    Post subject: OpenSSL Windows binary available Reply with quote

On request I made the Windows OpenSSL binary available as a seperate download at the Additional download page.

Can be used to generate certificates without having Apache installed.

Include and Lib files are included, so can be used to build other projects needing OpenSSL VC9 files.

Steffen
trininox

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec '11 18:34    Post subject: OpenSSL 1.0.1 Snapshot Reply with quote

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a build of the version of OpenSSL which includes support for TLSv1.1?

I believe the snapshot 1.0.1 is getting closer to release and is required for further TLS support which helps overcome the "BEAST" attack problem without having to revert to weaker ciphers to avoid the issue with CBC.

Look forward to trying it out! (Win2k8 x64 VC9 Apache 2.2.21)

Thanks!
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 13 Dec '11 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't thing that it would be a big problem for Steffen to build apache with OpenSSL 1.0.1, but it hasn't been released yet. It is not known which issues it has. Also some 3rd party modules relay on the openssl version. That is why Steffen offers a 0.9.8 version with apache so you can run php as module. I think PHP will come with OpenSSL not before 5.4 or even later. I talked to one of the PHP windows dev guys in person and he told me that is not an option to have PHP 5.3 with OpenSSL 1.x

However the TLS 1.1 is not supported by any browser today! Wink Just for myself Gregg made such a build with the newest OpenSSL source code that day. And like Gregg says: "it is a kobayashi maru test, you can't win". if you secure your webserver and run only TLS 1.1 and not 1.0 no browser will connect. That is secure, indeed!

--- edit ---
That was a try to get all points in the ssl labs server test. I got 98 point ... but no browser on the test server.
Also I have to say that it is possible to run PHP over fcgid of cause, than it doesn't matter with which OpenSSL version apache is compiled.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 08 Jun '14 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to 1.0.1h
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jun '14 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL 2.5 years later it is easy to say Very Happy
Jan-E

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul '14 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: http://www.openssl.org/ is already a couple of hours down. There may be something in the air.

Edit 17:38h CEST: Up again. Has been down for about 12 hours.

Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL Windows binary available View previous topic :: View next topic