logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: New Install Apache 2.4 error 403 on subsite
Author
wfdiadmin

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun '16 22:09    Post subject: New Install Apache 2.4 error 403 on subsite Reply with quote

Hello All,
Sorry if this is a duplicate question. I searched and didn't find a similar problem. I downloaded and installed Apache 2.4. I have it looking for port 8181. My main website works. However I have a subsite in director called /w1. This subsite is written in PHP script. When I attempt to get to this location. I am getting a 403 error. I am a novice Apache person. I believe I have added the required code the the http.config file. What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun '16 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paste the relevant part of your config at http://apaste.info/ and post the link you are given here so folks can have a look at it.
wfdiadmin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun '16 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance. I assume you mean the directory area that I added?

Which is this:

<directory "c:/apache24/htdocs">
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All
</directory>
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun '16 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

wfdiadmin wrote:
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All

This is 2.2's access stuff, it will work (sort of) with 2.4 and mod_access_compat loaded (which it is by default) but it doesn't always work when you mix and match.

In 2.4 the very same thing can be accomplished in 1 line with;
Code:
Require all granted
</directory>

so use that instead.

If you use only Require throughout your config (my suggestion) you do not need mod_access_compat loaded.

However, in certain situations like directory listings (like this) it will 403 because you do not have Options Indexes also. But this will only 403 when trying to view a directory listing.
wfdiadmin

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun '16 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
wfdiadmin wrote:
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All

This is 2.2's access stuff, it will work (sort of) with 2.4 and mod_access_compat loaded (which it is by default) but it doesn't always work when you mix and match.

In 2.4 the very same thing can be accomplished in 1 line with;
Code:
Require all granted
</directory>

so use that instead.

If you use only Require throughout your config (my suggestion) you do not need mod_access_compat loaded.

However, in certain situations like directory listings (like this) it will 403 because you do not have Options Indexes also. But this will only 403 when trying to view a directory listing.

I have made the changes. I also noticed I was missing script for PHP which I added. I can now get to the site. However, I am having issues with my PHP. I will close this thread and open a new one in the coding section.

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: New Install Apache 2.4 error 403 on subsite View previous topic :: View next topic