logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: apache2 setting up internal webpages
Author
tcgl

PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct '14 17:22    Post subject: apache2 setting up internal webpages Reply with quote

This is just an internal server setup to learn web programming and looking to create a environment close as possible to the real world setup. I'm using xxxx.dlinkddns.com to connect to my webserver more specifically to the default webpage and on the default webpage i created couple of links example www.testing.dev, www.testing2.dev etc. to test scripts.

The default webpage & the www.testing.dev work. both websites can be accessed internally. the defalut webpage can also be accessed using xxxx.dlinkddns.com from a external site ie coffee shop.

Problem, if i click a link on the default page ie www.testing.dev comes back with server not found. From looks of things its not searching my own webserver. the hosts file is setup correctly.

On the default apache page I have the following link: <a href="http://www.testing.dev">Testing</a>

apache2 2.4
I don't own www.testing.dev. this is purely a internal setup for testing script.

any ideas as to how to resolve this?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov '14 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your client you can add the ip and the host name to your hosts file. So you can access that server name. If you run your own DNS server you can do it there of cause.

Reply to topic   Topic: apache2 setting up internal webpages View previous topic :: View next topic