logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Suggestion for this forum
Author
Brian

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct '05 20:39    Post subject: Suggestion for this forum Reply with quote

Hi Steffen,

I would like to make a small suggestion, that perhaps you could include mod_rewrite into this forum since I am now finding it very useful for security as well as the typical hot-linking prevention application.

For example, on my installation of Magick Studio I want to prevent access from the outside world, and to do this I simply check the referer using mod_rewrite. Mod_security comes in to play when I block potential access through as of yet unkown security holes in the Magick Studio script to any location outside of it's own directory and hard drive.

The combination of mod_security and mod_rewrite is amazing. With these two modules so much is possible. They also both support regular expressions which is for me a challenge, but I am getting better.

Thank you for this forum, it is very helpful.

So what do you think about expanding this to include mod_rewrite along with mod_security?

I hope you don't mind me making such a public inquiry.

--
Brian

Reply to topic   Topic: Suggestion for this forum View previous topic :: View next topic