logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Buffer Apache output filter invocations
Author
chrissmith51

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun '15 21:03    Post subject: Buffer Apache output filter invocations Reply with quote

Hi,

I am writing an Apache Output Filter and I understand that the default behaviour is for the filter to be called as many times as is required to fulfil the request i.e. multiple invocations per request are possible.

I was wondering if there was a way to buffer these invocations into a single bucket brigade which can then be iterated and processed, so that only one invocation per request takes place?

At the moment I am having issues because I need all the HTML content to be processed at once, but it is currently split into chunks across 3 bucket brigades.

Many thanks,
Chris
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jun '15 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mod_buffer does that. Maybe if you look into its source you may find the solution to your problem.
chrissmith51

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jun '15 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good - i'll check it out and let you know Smile
chrissmith51

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jun '15 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

I agree that module is what's needed, but I can't get it to work. The only directive seems to be BufferSize which has no effect Sad

I also cannot find any examples of this being used at all anywhere. Do you have any other suggestions?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '15 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you add the correct AddOutputFilterByType?
chrissmith51

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '15 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - but I was using SetOutputFilter which it claims it can use:

SetOutputFilter INFLATE;BUFFER;MY_MOD;DEFLATE

Is that right?

Reply to topic   Topic: Buffer Apache output filter invocations View previous topic :: View next topic