logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Emulate ErrorDocument using rewrite/rewritecond/redirect etc
Author
capachoty

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun '15 17:02    Post subject: Emulate ErrorDocument using rewrite/rewritecond/redirect etc Reply with quote

OS - 2.6.18-274.7.1.el5
Apache - 2.2.29

Is there anyway to emulate the functionality of the ErrorDocument using rewrite rules, redirects, rewrite conds or other methods.

I'm trying to create a 404 page that can use dynamic variables (not allowed in ErrorDocument), that serves a custom 404 page and also logs a 404 in the HTTP status code in the logs.

I can achieve one or the other but not both as the ErrorDocument does.

Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun '15 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you can run all 404 through your handler, but then you have to send the 404 header.

Code:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ your404handler.php/$1
capachoty

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun '15 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice but I was trying to accomplish this with only apache, php is not allowed in our production environment and our previous cgi was not secure and cgis are no longer allowed to be deployed.

I ended up writing a custom module "Error_Dynamic" in order to accomplish this.

Thank you for the input though, much appreciated.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun '15 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only apache could be also ssi since it is a more or less apache thing...

Reply to topic   Topic: Emulate ErrorDocument using rewrite/rewritecond/redirect etc View previous topic :: View next topic