logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4, custom module not respecting ErrorLogFormat
Author
rguilbault

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jul '15 17:28    Post subject: Apache 2.4, custom module not respecting ErrorLogFormat Reply with quote

Hi all :-

I have reached out to stackoverflow for some guidance about an issue I'm stumped with, you can see the question here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31465505/apache-2-4-custom-module-not-respecting-errorlogformat

a brief synopsis: my company has produced an apache module which makes use of ap_log_perror to log errors and debug messages which does not respect the ErrorLogFormat directive. all Apache-provided modules *do* respect ErrorLogFormat so it feels clear that I am doing something incorrectly with my code. note: I'm not building apache, I'm using the version provided by this site:

Apache, 2.4.12, win32 (x86):

sourced: https://www.apachelounge.com/download/ - 03/24/2015

if it is better for me to rehash all the details here vs. (effectively) redirecting folks to stackoverflow, I can do so -- I'm sorta new to using forums, but I get the sense there are all sorts of unwritten rules as to proper use.

thanks in advance for *any* suggestions or for just taking the time to consider my plea.
rguilbault

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jul '15 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the answer I was looking for! thanks everyone
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jul '15 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to share to maybe help someone else down the road?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jul '15 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer was on stockoverflow

Quote:

Don't use ap_log_perror(), it has almost no context to apply any per request or server config. Use ap_log_rerror when you have a request_rec* in your context (which you are dereferencing anyway).

Generally, use ap_log_rerror when you have a request_rec, and ap_log_cerror when you have a conn_rec. Then ap_log_error with a server_rec or "ap_server_conf".

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4, custom module not respecting ErrorLogFormat View previous topic :: View next topic