logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Http2.4.16 compilation fails using VS2012
Author
Geetanjali

PostPosted: Thu 06 Aug '15 7:03    Post subject: Apache Http2.4.16 compilation fails using VS2012 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to build Apache Http Server 2.4.16 using all it's dependency PCRE, APR, APR-UTIL, APRICONV. However I am facing issues with build using VS2012 . I also have a custom build.bat which runs a set of commands for compilation and also uses openSSL1.0.1p for the same.

PCRE is built using cmake and all required files are present in srclib

It fails with 3 linker errors as follows

Error1

Creating library ..\Release\iconv\_tbl_simple.lib and object ..\Release\iconv\_tbl_simple.exp
_tbl_simple.obj : error LNK2011: precompiled object not linked in; image may not run
..\Release\iconv\_tbl_simple.so : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "NMAKE /nologo /f Makefile.win BUILD_MODE="Win32 Release" BIND_MODE=shared" exited with code 2.

Build FAILED.

Error 2
Build started 8/4/2015 5:10:38 PM.
InitializeBuildStatus:
Creating ".\Release\ApacheMonitor.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
ApacheMonitor.c
CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

Build FAILED.

Error 3
ccsiconv.c
adobe-stdenc.c
Creating library ..\Release\iconv\adobe-stdenc.lib and object ..\Release\iconv\adobe-stdenc.exp
adobe-stdenc.obj : error LNK2011: precompiled object not linked in; image may not run
..\Release\iconv\adobe-stdenc.so : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command "NMAKE /nologo /f Makefile.win BUILD_MODE="Win32 Release" BIND_MODE=shared" exited with code 2.

Build FAILED.

Please let me know if I am missing anything?

Regards,
Geetanjali
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 06 Aug '15 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

in apr-util/build/modules.mk.win

line 217 remove /Yciconv.h
line 220 remove /Yuiconv.h

Thanks to Steffen, he figured this out back in VC11 when it started having problems with the precompiled header.
Geetanjali

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '15 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smith !

This resolved my problem for release mode.

Now I am trying to build the same in Debug mode and I am facing issues with PCRE files

Will you be able to provide steps to compile PCRE on Windows
I am referring to this link
http://www.pcre.org/original/doc/html/NON-AUTOTOOLS-BUILD.txt

However I am unable to compile PCRE on windows . Please assist me with the same.
Geetanjali

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '15 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI : I am using PCRE 8.37
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcre/files/pcre/8.37/pcre-8.37.zip/download
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '15 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
in apr-util/build/modules.mk.win

line 217 remove /Yciconv.h
line 220 remove /Yuiconv.h

Thanks to Steffen, he figured this out back in VC11 when it started having problems with the precompiled header.

I wonder why that hasn't been fixed in apr-iconv

I think the file is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-iconv/trunk/build/modules.mk.win
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '15 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about it but the chances of an apr-iconv 1.2.2 ever being released with this one change is, well never.
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '15 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geetanjali,

How did you build PCRE to get your release build of Apache?

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Http2.4.16 compilation fails using VS2012 View previous topic :: View next topic