logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Reverse Proxy and Cookies
Author
matsch25

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug '15 14:38    Post subject: Apache Reverse Proxy and Cookies Reply with quote

Hi,

I have configured Apache as a reverse proxy to make my internal domain mydomain.loc accessible from the Internet via mydomain.com.
My internal servers use cookies to enable a single sign-on for domain mydomain.loc, which works fine. The cookies provided are valid for the whole domain, not only the server.
So, if I point my browser to server1.mydomain.loc with cookie warnings enabled, I see a cookie that is valid for mydomain.loc.

In httpd.conf, I have enabled "ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain" and "ProxyPreserveHost".

I can access all my local servers via reverse proxy, e.g. server1.mydomain.loc is accessible via server1.mydomain.com. Fine.

The only issue I still face is the rewriting of the authentication cookies. I get the same cookie (with domain changed to mydomain.com), but the reverse proxy changes the scope of these cookies from domain to server.

So, if I point my browser to server1.mydomain.com, I get the correct cookie but, it is now only valid for server server1.mydomain.com, not for mydomain.com.

This breaks my single sign-on.

So, my question: Is there any way to preserve the initial domain scope in the cookies and only change the domain via reverse proxy? What I would like to accomplish is getting a domain cookie that is valid for mydomain.com instead of getting cookies that are only valid for a specific server.

Any help is highly appreciated!
Thx a lot!
MatSch
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 17 Aug '15 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

You add more than one domain.

from the docs:
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain internal-domain public-domain [interpolate]

ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain internal-domain public-domain second-public-domain third-public-domain n-public-domain

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Reverse Proxy and Cookies View previous topic :: View next topic