logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Older versions of Apache will SSL compiled in
Author
some_cs_student

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 12:36    Post subject: Older versions of Apache will SSL compiled in Reply with quote

Hi,

Just having issues with setting up Apache on windows with SSL support.

Currently our boxes that have SSL support are all on Unix/Linux.

So I found a new version of Apache 2.2.3 with SSL and it was good Smile.
However a plugin/module we *have* to use because it does SSL is completely incompatible with Apache 2.2.x.

Are there any versions of say Apache 2.0.x available from ApacheLounge?

I've found the website:
http://hunter.campbus.com/

However my manager has not accepted this as a reputable site. I do not believe we have the appropriate tools to compile an apache build at work.
And attemping to patch an existing Apache for SSL support worked fine until we tried to actually add some certificates and it would no longer start (so it failed).

Are there any older versions of Apache published here? (I would *like* to use the new version but Netegrity (the vendor) advised that they have not yet made a version compatible with Apache 2.2.x).

Regards,
Gareth
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 16 Aug '06 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact me for a Apache 2.0.59 SSL version.

Steffen
some_cs_student

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug '06 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steffen,

Sent an email to the site because I couldn't find a PM button on this forum.

I think I have the tools available to compile apache (we have some cds around) but I'd prefer a pre-compiled version.

I've sent the email from my work account if you get time to send me a link to a copy of apache that would be great Smile
some_cs_student

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug '06 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to finally compile my own version of Apache with SSL enabled (this is preferred then getting it off someone else Smile).

But I'm not sure why I had to patch the files the way I did:
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=3281#3281

Anyway, thanks for the offer Steffen Smile

-
Gareth

Reply to topic   Topic: Older versions of Apache will SSL compiled in View previous topic :: View next topic