logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: You don't have permission to access /UI on this server
Author
jvet56

PostPosted: Sat 28 May '16 23:09    Post subject: You don't have permission to access /UI on this server Reply with quote

Please help if you can. I have Apache 2.2 on Windows 7. I installed AVAST Pro trial version which took over managing windows firewall and it changed some settings (not sure which ones). The computer froze, I had to do a hard reboot. Now, I can't access my server pages from the web. I get the error:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /UI on this server.

I uninstalled AVAST, reset firewall to factory defaults, opened port 80 for Apache, and verified that the httpd.conf file is all correct, yet I still get the forbidden error.

I can ping my server over the LAN and I can ping it using the URL (www.mydomain.net), and I can access it via 127.0.0.2 and via "localhost" - but I still get "forbidden" using the url.

I use cloudflare as a DDNS service, and prior to AVAST and the firewall takeover and the freeze, the server was working beautifully.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled Apache, and still get the Forbidden problem. I triple-verified that httpd.conf is correctly configured.

Something is preventing me from accessing "www.mydomain.net" (This is not the actual FQDN). I *think* it is caused by either Windows itself, or (maybe?) cloudflare.com?

I'm pretty new at this, and can understand basic instructions Smile

Can anyone help me figure this out, please?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jun '16 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that apache is running? Not some other program like skype or so?

What is in the error log and the access log about that?
jvet56

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun '16 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for responding: the problem was found and fixed: It turned out that my ISP was "experiencing network difficulties" where my network connection was intermittently dropped. They have corrected the problem and my server is, again, running smoothly.

Reply to topic   Topic: You don't have permission to access /UI on this server View previous topic :: View next topic