logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Windows service timely fashion error 1053 in < 1/2 second
Author
bobfleming

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec '16 0:31    Post subject: Windows service timely fashion error 1053 in < 1/2 second Reply with quote

I have a problem starting Apache as a service on Windows 7 Professional. The service does not start automatically and when I try to start by clicking on "start the service" it immediately fails with the message,

"Windows could not start the apache2.4 service on local computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I researched this error and found out it has to do with failing to respond within the default 30,000 Milliseconds (30 seconds) with instructions to edit the registry to increase the time to 180,000 milliseconds. I tried this fix, but just as I expected it did not solve the problem, because I get the error 1053 in something like 500 milliseaconds or less! So this problem seems to have nothing to do with the registry entry.

This problem only occurs with Apache! All of my other services work normally.

The problem began when I installed the 32-bit version of Apache after finding out that the 64-bit version I had was why I couldn't get PHP to run. I think I found an important clue: In the services window, under "Start the service" it says, "Description: Apache/2.4.23(Win 64)" I could not find a way to uninstall the 64-bit version prior to installing the 32-bit version, so maybe the installation is corrupted.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec '16 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure that you have installed the latest C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015 : vc_redist_x64/86.exe.
bobfleming

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec '16 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dankeschön!

That was the problem. When I replaced the 64-bit version of Apache with the 32-bit version, I still had the 64-bit version of the vc_redist. Now I installed vc_redist_x86 and everything works!

Now I think I am supposed to close this topic, but I do not know how.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec '16 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not needed to close.

Reply to topic   Topic: Windows service timely fashion error 1053 in < 1/2 second View previous topic :: View next topic