logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: can't get server to work
Author
gary s

PostPosted: Wed 05 Apr '17 6:13    Post subject: can't get server to work Reply with quote

okay I am a newbie. I have installed apache2, php7, mysql, and phpmyadmin on linix mint 18.1.

I bought a domain from godaddy and I think everything is good with them. I have my A record with my IP address. using godaddy dns nameservers. In apache I edited the sites-availble.conf file which has the virtual host ServerName as my domain, the DocumentRoot already defaults to the right folder /var/www/html. everything else in that file is left as default. I did a a2ensite. did a cat sites-enabled and it looks like the edits went there. then did service apache2 reload, and apache2ctl stop and apache2ctl start. all seemed to go okay. was hoping to just at least get the apache2 default index.html page to display using the domain. It displays using localhost in the browser. do I need more directives i.e. load some mods or user name and group name somewhere? is there more config files I need to deal with? since it is only one domain am I supposed to just do some global config instead of only 1 virtual host? is it because I am using a wireless router? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to topic   Topic: can't get server to work View previous topic :: View next topic