logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Hi Steffan: Question about Your Apache Compile
Author
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 9:09    Post subject: Hi Steffan: Question about Your Apache Compile Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed your compiled Apache and your DLL (as well as MySQL and PHP)...newest versions of all, installed the day before yesterday.

No scripts seem to work with PHP functions such as:
  • mysql_connect()
  • mysqli_connect()

This is as far as I got. I'm new to MySQL and had some basic scripts which stopped working. I decided to run some simpler tests with custom (and also tried default) error-handling, starting with just the connections, but no success or even error messages are returned. For example:

Code:
<?php
$host = 'localhost';
$user = 'fakeUser';
$password = '12345';

if (!($connection = @ mysql_connect($host, $user, $password)))
     die("<p>Cannot connect!</p>");
echo "<p>Connection successful!</p>";
?>

I just get a blank page. The previous versions I had were MySQL 5.0.21, Apache 2.0.58 and PHP 5.1.2. Has something seriously changed? Or did you not compile in MySQL support? Or do you have different libraries compiled?

Sorry to bother you. I am just wondering if maybe I should use the MSI version of Apache or if there is something else I need to do. I don't think the PHP 5.1.x manuals have been updated with the last 4 releases! (I see the same text and the same user comments there.)

PHP is working fine with the webserver, non-MySQL-related scripts run just fine.
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you enabled the mysql or mysqli extention in php.ini?
HobbyTech

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorge wrote:

DUH! Embarassed [Slaps self upside head...like 5 times.]
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug '06 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbyTech wrote:
Jorge wrote:

DUH! Embarassed [Slaps self upside head...like 5 times.]

Hands him the wacking stick.

Not to worry it happens to the best of us

Reply to topic   Topic: Hi Steffan: Question about Your Apache Compile View previous topic :: View next topic