logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: sites-enabled vs. sites-available
Author
jaliscoautuick

PostPosted: Mon 02 Oct '17 11:44    Post subject: sites-enabled vs. sites-available Reply with quote

This distinction is not clear to me.

I have read various answers to this question, but for some reason, I am not grasping it.

I know sites-enabled are the conf's that are served by apache. But, then, what is the purpose of the sites-available? Is it just for development?

Also, trying to develop good practices, I want to setup some name virtualHosts, should I put them first in sites-available? Or, directly into sites-enabled?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: more or less figure it out, that we are supposed to edit *.conf files within the sites-available, then use the a2ensite command to enable them, or the a2dissite, to disable.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, see also http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/zesty/man8/a2ensite.8.html

Reply to topic   Topic: sites-enabled vs. sites-available View previous topic :: View next topic