logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: I need LDAP V3.0 ??
Author
Kambiz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep '06 11:37    Post subject: I need LDAP V3.0 ?? Reply with quote

Hi

I try to compile apache 2.2.3 and get error
"fatal error C1189: #error : Support for LDAP v2.0 toolkits has been removed from apr-util. Please use an LDAP v3.0 toolkit."

I use Microsoft Virtual C++ 6.0 and I tried to install
"Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install" and
"Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK Full Download" and
"Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK Web Install"

and didn't helped.

What do I need or how should I do?

Kambiz
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep '06 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried it with VC6, but it is a known issue. Maybe you can read the topic at http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?t=742

Steffen
Kambiz

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep '06 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
I never tried it with VC6, but it is a known issue. Maybe you can read the topic at http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?t=742

Steffen

What do you compile it with? Is it better?!
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep '06 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Visual C++ 2005 (VC8)

For a guide see www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=778

Steffen
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jan '07 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kambiz,

After you install the Windows Platform SDK you need to fire up the 'Open Build Environment Window' and select the env that is applicable to you. Compile from the command env you selected.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jan '07 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are building with the IDE instead of using the command-line NMAKE build,
make sure your Visual C++ 6 IDE is set up to use the newer Platform SDK include files and libraries.

In [Tools] [Options...] [Directories] Show directories for [Include files]
the list should have: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\INCLUDE

In Show Directories for [Library Files] the list should have: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\LIB

I find it best to make these new SDK include and library directories positioned first in both lists, so they are chosen in preference to the old VC6 directories.

The 2003 R2 SDK includes support for LDAP v3.0.

I hope this helps. Pls let us know.
-tom-
satishbejgum

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb '07 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got these error when want build apache 2.2.4 with Visual studio C++ 6.0

: fatal error C1189: #error : Support for LDAP v2.0 toolkits has been removed from apr-util. Please use an LDAP v3.0 toolkit.

i installed platform SDK

but error did not retified

what should i do to build apache
tdonovan

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb '07 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your compiler is not using the new R2 version of the platform SDK. It is using some older version.

Check that you installed the Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK - March 2006 Edition.

Check that you changed both your [Tools] [Options...] [Directories] [Include files] and your [Tools] [Options...] [Directories] [Library Files] settings in Visual Studio to use the R2 Platform SDK INCLUDE and LIB directories. These must be listed first in each list - before the regular VC directories.

-tom-
satishbejgum

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoodooMill wrote:
Hi Kambiz,

After you install the Windows Platform SDK you need to fire up the 'Open Build Environment Window' and select the env that is applicable to you. Compile from the command env you selected.

can you tell me commands how to compile from the command env please
tdonovan

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb '07 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT"

2. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\SetEnv.Cmd"

3. NMAKE /f Makefile.win INSTDIR="C:\Apache2" _apacher

4. NMAKE /f Makefile.win INSTDIR="C:\Apache2" installr

If you need to build openssl (for mod_ssl) or zlib (for mod_deflate), do this between steps 2 and 3.
The instructions for openssl and zlib are the same as for VC8, so see all the posts in Building with Visual C ++ which explain how to do this.

-tom-
satishbejgum

PostPosted: Sat 24 Feb '07 9:48    Post subject: Thank You tom Reply with quote

thank yoy tom

it really helped me

and errors have been retified

thanks alot Very Happy
krats_apache

PostPosted: Mon 05 Mar '07 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi donovan, Thanks for the help. I had the same issue and after including files from Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK - March 2006 Edition , it compiled fine.
akisal

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep '07 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Thred was helpfull.

Extra tip for VC6 IDE:

I had to manualy set SDK lib and include to VC6 project in Tools->Options->Directories ( bin/lib/include)
ridgerunner

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here. (This is a long post so let me summarize):

Summary: The LDAP 3.0 error can be avoided when building Apache with Visual C++ Version 6, by correctly using the recommended February 2003 Platform SDK version (its INCLUDEs, LIBs and BINs must be placed ahead of the VC6 dirs in the IDE Tools>Options>Directories as noted above). The newer R2 version SDK is *not* required to avoid this error (and, in fact, is not recommended to be used with VC6 at all).

Discussion: I too, am trying (for the first time) to build Apache (2.2.15) using VC6. I also experienced the "Need LDAP 3.0" error. I luckily landed on this thread from a google search and was finally successful in fixing the build error. However, the recommended solution here is almost, but not quite, right. The MS documentation does not recommend using the Windows® Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK with VC6. Specifically, the release notes say:
Windows® Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK Release Notes wrote:
Tested Compilers
... If you are using Visual C++ 6.0, it is recommended that you upgrade because the import libraries included with this release of the Platform SDK have a different format than that used by Visual C++ 6.0.

Elsewhere on the net...: PSDK and VC6--What's up with that?
Lori Pearce wrote:
... If you simply must continue to use VC6, you will need to continue using the February 2003 PSDK. But you should know that you're app might not be as secure as it could be.

and... Windows SDK and Visual C++ 6
Karin Meier wrote:
The Windows Server 2003 PSDK released in February 2003 was the last SDK to provide full support of VC 6. It's still available online, or you can order a CD from http://www.qmedia.ca/launch/psdk.htm. (The cost is about $9 for delivery in the US; about $16 for international delivery.)

Unfortunately, further investigation reveals that its NOT still available online according to this: February 2003 PSDK and older, ordering and uninstall secrets
Microsoft Windows SDK Blog wrote:
Perhaps you want to install a version of the PSDK that will work with VS6, the last version of the PSDK to work with VS6 was the following version:

Microsoft Platform SDK, February 2003 Edition
The only way you can get this SDK is by ordering it (for about $10 -- you only pay shipping costs) from...(broken link)

So unfortunately, the older PSDK2003FEB version is no longer available as a download from MS. However, for those who like to live on the wild side, the following post has some useful information for those wishing to use the newer SDK with VC6... VC++ 6 and SDKs... I'm so confused....
Quote:
The headers in all Platform SDKs work fine with VC6.

It's the libraries that are a problem. Most libraries are pure import libraries so don't contain any information other than function pointers. Other libraries (only 4 or so) have mixed import and static information. Certain libraries, such as shell32.lib have debug information for the static portion of its lib that is not compatible with VC6.

So what I normally do is copy the libraries that are not compatible with VC6 from an older version of the SDK (Feb 2003) to the Lib folder of the new Platform SDK install folder.

To make a long story short, it just so happens that I happened to have the correct (old) February 2003 PSDK installed and it now works correctly building Apache once I added the PSDK INCLUDE, LIB and BIN directories ahead of the VC6 ones in the IDE [Tools] [Options...] [Directories] as suggested above.

Thanks again for the help tdonovan!
Smile
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 29 Jul '10 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Server 2003 SDK R2 is still available and is what I use on VC6

Reply to topic   Topic: I need LDAP V3.0 ?? View previous topic :: View next topic