logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: php5.2 compatibility with VC15 or VC14 or VC11
Author
the.liquid.metal

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan '18 13:03    Post subject: php5.2 compatibility with VC15 or VC14 or VC11 Reply with quote

Hello Guys.

I have old app running with php5.2. My objective is to rewrite this app with newest php version. In order to do this, i have to run dual version of php: php5.2 and php7.1. With this technique, i can compare both output.

At this time, i have been successfully running php7.0 and php7.1 simultaneously without virtual machine. I use same version of apachelounge, but give each php version different .conf file and different port. My machine is win10. As we know, both version are compiled with VC14, and apachelounge provides binaries compiled with VC14.

The situation is very different with php5.2. It was compiled with VC6, and apachelounge no longer provides binaries compiled with VC6.

my questions are:
* is it save to use binary compiled with VC15 or VC14 or VC11?
* if it is not, do you still have the binary compiled with VC6? can you provide the link?
* more over, can you explain why?

Thank You.
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan '18 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run PHP with mod_fcgid then it does not matter with what version PHP is compiled. Running as module can give issues, PH-team advise to use the same.

For running more PHP versions see also https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6928

Reply to topic   Topic: php5.2 compatibility with VC15 or VC14 or VC11 View previous topic :: View next topic