logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Deploying Axis2 in Geronimo 2.2.1
Author
empiricus

PostPosted: Tue 14 Nov '17 22:05    Post subject: Deploying Axis2 in Geronimo 2.2.1 Reply with quote

I am trying to follow a tutorial about Web Services and WSDL, which starts with Part 1 at...

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/tutorials/ws-understand-web-services1/ws-understand-web-services1.html

Unfortunately, this tutorial is 11 years old; but, it appears to be the best tutorial I can find. It seems to walk the user through the entire process of setting up Web Services and explaining how WSDL works. I haven't found anything comparable to this; so, I would like to be able to use it. It requires the installation of Geronimo and the deployment of Axis2 into it. But, of course, the directions apply to outdated versions.

I am running a CentOS 6 VM on VirtualBox with Geronimo 2.2.1 installed. I downloaded the WAR distribution of Axis2, axis2-1.7.6-war.zip, and copied the axis2.war file into the deploy directory under Geronimo. Upon starting Geronimo, I get several errors, starting with...

2017-11-14 14:54:44,074 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file /opt/geronimo2.2.1.bk0/deploy/axis2.war during initialization
java.lang.NullPointerException

I found an article that said it isn't necessary to deploy the axis2.war file and that it is only necessary to modify the config.xml file, removing the condition attribute from the axis2-deployer and the cxf-deployer module entries and replacing them with the following, which I did.

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-deployer/2.2.1/car"/>

<module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/cxf-deployer/2.2.1/car" load="false"/>

I started Geronimo again and, in a browser, went to localhost:8080/axis2/axis2-web/index.jsp, whcih came up just fine. But, if I click on "Services" or "Administration", on the server console, I get two errors as follows.

2017-11-14 15:02:06,521 ERROR [[/axis2]] StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils

2017-11-14 15:02:06,522 ERROR [[AxisAdminServlet]] Allocate exception for servlet AxisAdminServlet
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils

If anyone can guide me through to what I need to do to get this working, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec '17 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
sorry to say that this is a forum for httpd apache (written in C). We have no experience with Geronimo

Reply to topic   Topic: Deploying Axis2 in Geronimo 2.2.1 View previous topic :: View next topic