logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: How to enable SMTP on Linux?
Author
Amita

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep '06 12:36    Post subject: How to enable SMTP on Linux? Reply with quote

Hi ,

I am using Apache and PHP on Windows and Linux machine. I want to enable SMTP for both. I am having the SMTP server enabled and an SMTP Mail ID.

On Windows, just providing the following details in php.ini , i am able to receive mails to my SMTP mail id,
SMTP: HYDPROJSMTP (smtp server name)
sendmail_from: (my smtp mail id)

I want the same on Linux. So, i did the following changes.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = HYDPROJSMTP

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from =
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

But this is not working for me.

Can somebody help me out to resolve this issue??

Thanks,
Amita
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 18 Sep '06 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

On which OS is the SMTP running? Sure that the Ports 25 and 110 not blocked by a firewall or something like that?

-------------
edit found in the online documentation http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php

Quote:

SMTP string
Used under Windows only: host name or IP address of the SMTP server PHP should use for mail sent with the mail() function.

Under Unix / Linux DON'T set that value! You have to configure sendmail for the right SMTP

Quote:

Where the sendmail program can be found, usually /usr/sbin/sendmail or /usr/lib/sendmail. configure does an honest attempt of locating this one for you and set a default, but if it fails, you can set it here.

Reply to topic   Topic: How to enable SMTP on Linux? View previous topic :: View next topic