logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: apache crash upon trying to start
Author
aktylk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 7:55    Post subject: apache crash upon trying to start Reply with quote

Hello,

Trying to get 2.4.34 VC15 running on my local machine - Windows 7 64 bit (also tried Window Server 2012 x64). I have installed the C++ redistributable Visual Studio 2017 x64 per link on the download page.

When trying to start apache, it goes to a windows crash screen saying "Apache HTTP Server has stopped working" with the following details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: httpd.exe
Application Version: 2.4.34.0
Application Timestamp: 5b4b1896
Fault Module Name: VCRUNTIME140.dll
Fault Module Version: 14.0.24215.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 57bfd5ab
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000011d1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f561
Additional Information 2: f56154e85430e06be3b1ff65013aec1f
Additional Information 3: fa85
Additional Information 4: fa8566bf5629077797ce4cffae2d0638

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the C++ but to no avail.

Please advise and thank you.
Young

Last edited by aktylk on Fri 17 Aug '18 8:04; edited 1 time in total
aktylk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add more helpful information.

Trying to run on Windows 7 64 bit. Also tried to run on Windows Server 2012 and ran into the same error.

Thanks in advance,
Young
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0000005 is the error code for access violation.

Paste only (small) relevant parts or use a pastbin, http://apaste.info/ or http://hastebin.com/ and post here the link to it.

often that is related to shared memory or using a network drive. Hard to say without seeing any config.
aktylk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

What are you looking for config wise or any other information?

I am unsure what relevant parts are to mention here.

I try to start from the command prompt to see if anything is reported to console:

httpd.exe -k start -n "apache24"

I have a service named "apache24."

You mention access violation - is this related to file permission or administrator access? I have it setup as administrator and I do not use a network path in any of the configuration.

Thanks,
Young
aktylk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying and giving some ideas. It does look like configuration. I thought configuration issues would be reported in the error log.

These are the culprit lines that I borrowed from a 2.2 configuration:

Code:
ErrorLog "${SRVROOT}/bin/rotatelogs ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-error.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400"
CustomLog "${SRVROOT}bin/rotatelogs ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-access.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400" common

I tried using the rotatelogs along with using the $SRVROOT, but this doesn't look it's formed correctly for 2.4. Any advice here?

Thanks,
Young
aktylk

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug '18 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, in case anyone else has this issue, here is what I did to resolve the issue.

I narrowed it down to these lines in apache configuration causing a crash without showing errors in log other than a Window system crash:

Code:
ErrorLog "${SRVROOT}/bin/rotatelogs ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-error.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400"
CustomLog "${SRVROOT}bin/rotatelogs ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-access.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400" common

These lines were originally created from a previous 2.2 installation (with some attempts at manipulating from the system root path) but with 2.4 the lines have to be reformatted to this:

Code:
ErrorLog "|bin/rotatelogs.exe ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-error.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400"
CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs.exe ${SRVROOT}/logs/online-access.%Y.%m.%d.log 86400" common

Thanks for your help to at least look at configuration. I thought I was fine because an error wasn't being reported where I normally expect either through console output or the error log when a configuration(syntax) issues occurs.

Thank again,
Young

Reply to topic   Topic: apache crash upon trying to start View previous topic :: View next topic