logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Port 80
Author
Zappo

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug '18 9:28    Post subject: Port 80 Reply with quote

Just finished install Apache server. All look great but I am stuck on one problem and can not find a solution on the net.
I have two LAN ports, one for internal use with a 192.168.x.x IP. Works great
The other is for external use (Web services) and this one I can not get to work.
I ping the fixed IP on the server and get an answer - OK. I can reach my web site.
I ping from a computer on the intranet - not OK
I check from IP check web site and this one can not see my port 80.
I activate firewall to port=80/tcp, did not help.
Looks like port 80 is NOT active and I need to know HOW to activate it. This is my last obstacle, everything else seems to work perfect.
Thanks for your reply
DavidSpector

PostPosted: Wed 29 Aug '18 22:37    Post subject: Router has to be configured, too Reply with quote

My guess is that you haven't configured your router to allow the WAN to access your local computer (as a server). Getting this to work involves several different devices and there's not much help on the Web. I've done it, but I can't remember all the steps involved. Hope this helps.

Reply to topic   Topic: Port 80 View previous topic :: View next topic