logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Any suggestions to resolve this frustration?
Author
MaxQuinn

PostPosted: Tue 10 Oct '23 11:56    Post subject: Any suggestions to resolve this frustration? Reply with quote

I've installed Apache 2.2 on a Windows XP computer. While browsing my site, I encounter two errors: one indicating that "Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close," and another memory error stating "Apache.exe - Application Error - The memory could not be written." I've attempted to fix this by reinstalling Apache, but the issue persists. In the Apache log, I see the message "[Fri Feb 17 15:35:07 2006] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting," causing frequent restarts. Any suggestions to resolve this frustration?
tangent

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct '23 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age I struggle to believe you're trying to host Apache on Windows XP, let alone Apache 2.2 series. Then I note your log entry is dated 2006.

Why have you posted this question to Apache Lounge in 2023, some 17 years later?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '23 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

3221225477 is Windows error C0000005 or ACCESS_VIOLATION.

Hard so guess what it is with such an old Apache installation. Maybe some 3rd party module like PHP?
tangent

PostPosted: Thu 12 Oct '23 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if my previous post seemed somewhat flippant. I do recall having problems with Apache 2.2 crashing on one system (NT4 I believe) many years ago.

The fix was to increase ThreadStackSize from the default to 8MB.

Code:
<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
   ThreadStackSize 8388608
</IfModule>

As James says, this is probably due to a third party module such as PHP.

The following question on Stackoverflow substantiates this approach - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5058845/how-do-i-increase-the-stack-size-for-apache-running-under-windows-7.

Reply to topic   Topic: Any suggestions to resolve this frustration? View previous topic :: View next topic