logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Custom modules in conjunction with MPM
Author
Lyudmila.Fokina

PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr '19 22:24    Post subject: Custom modules in conjunction with MPM Reply with quote

I am new to the Apache modules development. I am working on implementing a new custom C-module which is going to intercept a request and handle it according to specific policies. The module will be installed to work with one of the MPM modules - either Event or Prefork.

Does module implementation depend on the specific MPM it is going to work with? Do I need 2 different implementations to work with 2 different MPM? What should be considered to make a custom module MPM compliant? I am looking for any tips or recommendations (documentation, examples, advices etc.).

Also, read an opinion that "Apache designers recommend modules to be 'MPM agnostic as much as possible'". Any take on this?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 15 May '19 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer is: no. Almost all modules work the same way on every MPM.
If you use as much APR as much you can, your module will run on most platforms like windows and Linux.

Examples are mod_example in the apache source code itself.

Some simple example are also https://github.com/JBlond/mod_bikeshed
https://github.com/JBlond/mod_moo

If you still have a question please ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: Custom modules in conjunction with MPM View previous topic :: View next topic