logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Win 2016 php72 php_*.dll is not a Win32 app
Author
sam452

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jul '19 21:49    Post subject: Win 2016 php72 php_*.dll is not a Win32 app Reply with quote

I've followed the advice here before and now I have a green-field Win2016 box to install php 7.2 and Apache 2.4 from here. I'm generally following the advice here https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2394 only these are the files I'm working with:
httpd-2.4.39-win64-VS16
And I've downloaded
php-7.2.20-nts-Win32-VC15-x64
which is the latest stable prior to 7.3

Based on advice here, I perceive these are closely aligned as both are 64-bit and the latest in their class.

Apache is running without PHP wired in yet as I'm stepping toward that. To get Apache running, I have downloaded and installed the vc_redist.x64.exe which appears to cover VC15 per another post in this forum.

This box's PATH has C:\php7\ext and when I check in CMD to verify PHP is installed correctly, nearly every enabled extension cannot be loaded.
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Once I get this resolved then I'm going to integrate mod_fcgi and other fixes, but I need to understand what I'm not doing right for PHP. Did I get the wrong PHP 7.2 version? thx, sam
Jan-E

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jul '19 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Almost certainly there is a Win32/x86 dll somewhere in your environment. Look in:
- the dir with php.exe
- the directories in your path
- the apache\bin directory (not applicable for NTS)
Try running 'php -v' and 'php -m' in the directory with php.exe. 'php -v' should return something like:
Code:
PHP 7.2.20 (cli) (built: Jul  6 2019 20:08:41) ( NTS MSVC15 (Visual C++ 2017) x64 )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

'php -m' should give you a list of all the extensions that you have configured in php.ini. In my case that is a long one:
Code:
[PHP Modules]
apcu
bcmath
bz2
cairo
calendar
Core
ctype
date
dom
eos_datastructures
excel
exif
ffmpeg
fileinfo
filter
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
imap
intl
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tokenizer
uploadprogress
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache
sam452

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jul '19 15:01    Post subject: x86 Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Setting this box's Environment Variables Path to include C:\php7\ and running php -m brought this error.
Clearly it would appear I have downloaded the wrong architecture despite this being a 64-bit system. Abandoning the 64-bit in favor of the x86 gets me the result I'm looking.
php-7.2.20-nts-Win32-VC15-x86
Now, I will pick up on integrating mod_fcgid and wiring into Apache to see how far I go. Thank you again for your prompting.

Reply to topic   Topic: Win 2016 php72 php_*.dll is not a Win32 app View previous topic :: View next topic