logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: symlink or re-route apache?
Author
scatterbrainz

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jul '19 22:52    Post subject: symlink or re-route apache? Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

I'm running centos7, I'm about to install apache (I've had to a system rebuild because the ownership permissions became corrupt).

httpd (apache) normally serves pages up from
/var/www/html there's another empty folder /cgi-bin

What I'd like to do is safe files to the NFS and have apache serve files from there.

With consideration, I would make a virtual host via "webmin" and re-direct it to that /document root, however; previously when I did that, and even tho I changed all the files to chmod +775 or 777, it corrupted and crashed.

Someone said Apache can't share ownership of files, and thus they must be in the /var/www/html directory.

Is this correct information? Such that I would have to copy the files over for testing, and couldn't view pages real time?

Look forward to your ideas.
Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jul '19 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files can be anywhere in the file system.
You only need to change the config of apache to the correct path or the DocumentRoot and the <Directory> block. Do not change files to be executable unless they are cgi files that need to be executed.

Reply to topic   Topic: symlink or re-route apache? View previous topic :: View next topic