logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: need some help from experts (apache, mod_proxy, websocket)
Author
Dumbeldore

PostPosted: Fri 23 Aug '19 13:57    Post subject: need some help from experts (apache, mod_proxy, websocket) Reply with quote

Hi there,

i have a nodejs application behind an apache webserver like this:

Code:
apache 2.4.42 (win64)
       |- mod_proxy
              |- pm2 - processmonitoring
                        |- My NodeJS-Application

The NodeJs Application have http and ws services. The ws-connection is for sending messages to the client in realtime. This runs all fine!

But after some time i get an error like this:

Quote:
AH00326: Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting

I increase this setting but the error depents on the connected clients. I have the same behaviour like this guy here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51841686/apache-keeps-an-active-worker-for-each-websocket-connection

I increase the ThreadsPerChild but the max value is 1920 (if i am right). But the target user-connections are > 3000.

Why did Apache start a worker for each client and hold them and is there a way to solve this?

Bye, Dumbeldore ...
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 29 Aug '19 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any other errors in the error log? Anything in the windows event log?

Reply to topic   Topic: need some help from experts (apache, mod_proxy, websocket) View previous topic :: View next topic