logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Debugging Apache 2.4.41 with Visual Studio 2019
Author
ENRICO

PostPosted: Tue 03 Sep '19 9:13    Post subject: Debugging Apache 2.4.41 with Visual Studio 2019 Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to write in C a custom module that will run within Apache.

I'm a Windows user and I've been using Visual Studio since 1999.

I would like to build and debug Apache 2.4.41 and my custom module within Visual Studio 2019 Express Edition, running on a Windows 7 Pro platform.

I've been looking for tutorials, made some initial attempts, and also tried to convert MSVC 6.0 project files .dsp and .dsw without success.

I understood that the CMake files included in the source distribution allow the user only to build Apache for Windows but not to create the appropriate project files.

Has anyone successfully been able to build and debug Apache 2.4.x with modern Visual Studio toolchains 2012-2019?

Why is it so hard to find a public code repository with project files for Visual Studio?

Thanks,
Enrico Migliore
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 05 Sep '19 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to convert the project files for that see https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=8330

also what might help is https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6462

If you still have a question ask again

Reply to topic   Topic: Debugging Apache 2.4.41 with Visual Studio 2019 View previous topic :: View next topic