logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Steffen's Apache 2.2 a success
Author
s1rkull

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec '05 23:54    Post subject: Steffen's Apache 2.2 a success Reply with quote

In upgrading from 2.0.52 I just had to rename a couple of modules.

Thanks a lot Steffen.

The reason I was upgrading was to see if they had a fix for "winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed." messages. The error persisted after the upgrade so I went ahead and used the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive. I wonder if this has any negative consequences. Does anybody know?

Thanks again, Steffen.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec '05 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words.
It is fun to build under Windows. Special with VC++2005, which makes all faster and reliable.

winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed:

I see them also in my log, but for me, it does not harm. Sometimes a lot and then for more then a day none. I have a feeling that it is my ISP network connection (a bird on the line Smile )
I notice not any difference in speed etc. when I use Win32DisableAcceptEx.

Steffen
s1rkull

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec '05 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, when I get that error message, it locks up Apache for 10 to 20 seconds. The differing behavior is interesting, I'm just glad it's taken care of by disabling AcceptEx. Thanks again.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec '05 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I had also with 2.0.55 that I had locks up for 10 to 20 seconds,

I am running now quite some time 2.1.x and now for two weeks 2.2 and have no lock ups seen anymore. But still I have that errors in the log.

You have still the lockups in 2.2 ? When not leave it on and see it as a warning.

Steffen
s1rkull

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec '05 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I still had lock ups with 2.2. I don't know if they were caused by the same thing that causes the errors to be logged, but both of them stopped when I disabled acceptEx(), but I definitely had to disable acceptEx() to fix either problem.

What do you mean about leaving it on and seeing it as a warning?
Mitron

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan '06 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking I've got a bad build or something. I tried a number of times to get it working. After finding out about libmsql.dll I was able to get past that error, but now I'm getting an error saying php5apache2.dll couldn't be found. I've double checked the path and tried various forms of the path as suggested on php.net user notes but still no go.

I'm attempting to run Apache 2.2.0, php 5.1.1 and mySQL 5.0.18. Everything works great with Apache 2.0.55, but when I switch to 2.2.0, edit the httpd.conf and run httpd.exe -k install I repeatedly get the error saying it can't load the module because it can't find the file.

The strange thing is the path in the error is correct and the file does indeed appear to be there. Here is where I have the module loading in httpd.conf:
Code:
#LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule php5_module "d:/apps/php/php5apache2.dll"
#LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so

I've also tried various forms of the path, i.e.

Code:
LoadModule php5_module "d:/apps/php/php5apache2.dll"
LoadModule php5_module /apps/php/php5apache2.dll
and
LoadModule php5_module d:/apps/php/php5apache2.dll

All three seem to result in the correct path, but it still doesn't seem to find the file. Since it doesn't appear that anyone else is having this problem I'm assuming the build I have has a problem. I really don't need ssl, but I am running virtual hosts.
I've resorted to going back to Apache 2.0.55 until apache.org releases the Windows binaries.
pnllan

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan '06 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitron,

Are you using the PHP 5.1.1 module that Steffen built or the one PHP.net?

As a module, PHP has to be built with Apache present. Meaning that the download from PHP.net was built with Apache 2.0.55, and therefore will not work with Apache 2.2.0. While the file physically exists on your system Apache 2.2.0 doesn't recognize it (this is due to the 'mechanics' [ModuleMagicNumber I believe is the issue] of Apache internals) and reports the file is not present.

Steffen has generously provided a non-buggy version of PHP 5.1.1 that he compiled with Apache 2.2.0. as well as providing some other good modules that are popular.
Mitron

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan '06 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just tried using the original build of Apache2.2.0 that he sent me a month or so ago in addition to the php5apache2.dll listed in the downloads. It did get rid of the error, unfortunately another one popped up. None of my sites will load and I get a permissions error. Now it won't even start, I get a service-specific error 1.

I did check the permissions and attempted to setup a separate user with limited access for the service to run under. Still no go. Switching back to 2.0.55, everything works fine. hehe. This is starting to get interesting.

I think I might try the latest build he has listed here and see how that fairs, although I really don't need the ssl stuff, maybe there is an issue with the first build he did for me a while back. Worth a shot I guess. Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Steffen's Apache 2.2 a success View previous topic :: View next topic