logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Redirect to Another Server Behind Firewall
Author
jweese

PostPosted: Sat 16 May '20 14:09    Post subject: Redirect to Another Server Behind Firewall Reply with quote

Good morning;

I've tried searching and hopefully, this hasn't been answered before.

I've run my personal family server for years, nothing more than a simple LAMP setup now using Apache2, MySQL, and PHP7 answering calls from a domain name (for simplicity and privacy sake) www.familyserver.com.

I am only able to punch one hole in my modem, so I've got that hole opened up to my server IP (again, an example) 192.168.11.11...

To make a long story short, and not add to the confusion - I'm working from home and my employer wants me to set up a testing environment for a couple of pieces of web software, they have also provided their own hardware which I have installed at my house.

My issue is this. I have created the alias "work.familyserver.com" and have it working but is there any way THAT server can also pass through (through the firewall) things destined for "www" to my family server?

I'm just not sure how aliases work and if this is even possible.

Many thanks!
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 17 May '20 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set up different virtual hosts with different domain names. See https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/examples.html

if you still have a question please ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: Redirect to Another Server Behind Firewall View previous topic :: View next topic