logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache mod_authn_dbd on DocumentRoot
Author
dudelx

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun '20 22:40    Post subject: Apache mod_authn_dbd on DocumentRoot Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Configured Apache2 and mod_auth_dbd on Ubuntu 18.04LTS. Apache2 / authn_dbd authentication working ok on DocumentRoot subfolder, but not on DocuemntRoot itself. Basically I want to password protect the whole website using mod_authn_dbd.

For Ex : if Apache docuemntroot is /opt/www/www.myweb.com/
Subfolder is /opt/www/www.myweb.com/myfoder/. Mod_authn_dbd works on sub folder <Directory /opt/www/www.myweb.com/myfoder>. But if I want to password protect the whole website by adding docuementroot <Directory /opt/www/www.myweb.com> to authn_dbd, it is not working. Anyone has any idea why authn_dbd doesn't work on DocumentRoot?

I know .htaccess is another option, but we cant use due to our current PHP App.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DudeLX.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jun '20 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the relevant config.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache mod_authn_dbd on DocumentRoot View previous topic :: View next topic