logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_authn_dbd crash
Author
nycom

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 0:39    Post subject: mod_authn_dbd crash Reply with quote

Hello,

I build on windows apr-util with apr_dbd_mysql.c with Mysql 5.0.15
I also build apache and all modules

The server starts fine with mod_authn_dbd and mod_dbd enabled, but each time, I try to authenticate with sql backends apache crashes...

So I tried your build, and I have the same problem...

Do you have a suggestion ?

Thanks.
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have the same problem building with MySQL 5..

I reported it to the developers of dbd and his answer was:

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, the MySQL driver is only tested against
MySQL 4.1 - with pretty much a default build - and on Linux and
FreeBSD platforms. In principle that shouldn't make any difference,
but in practice I don't know.

So I build with MySQL 4.1.15 and running with the 4.1.15 libmySQL.dll .

And after setting the directives higher, I got it working better:

DBDMin 10
DBDKeep 32
DBDMax 64

That runs fine fine, but after a few hours all connectons are lost with the backend and had to restart Apache.

Bottom line for me:
It is hardly tested on win32 and I believe they did not made it thread-safe (common issue with other mods using mySQL). I am not going to use it for the time being.

Steffen.
pnllan

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to love that answer from the developer...lol

You would think that someone would have paid attention to what open-source and popular database systems are doing. MySQL took a lot of time developing version 5. They started releasing alpha code it seems like a year and half ago or more, and whitepapers well before that.

I guess that's the reason for different vantage points, and where forums are useful. Sometimes when you're inside you seem to never be able to see it from outside.

Word of the day - accountability!
nycom

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, there is no change with mysql 4.1, apache still crashes each time I stop it with "dbdpersist on" and for each sql query with "dbdpersist off"...

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_authn_dbd crash View previous topic :: View next topic