logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Creating a mirror copy of already existing website
Author
Kelbor-hal

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul '19 15:14    Post subject: Creating a mirror copy of already existing website Reply with quote

Hello. First of all, I will include all the necessary information if needed later. My problem is little more general as it is not exact bug fix. The issue is that I was asked to further develop Apache website project for our company. Unfortunately, I had no prior experience at all with web design and I'm kinda green. Green at the level where a huge help was when someone told me to install LAMP stack to begin my work.

The issue is that I need to create a copy of already running project on my computer and to launch it as a test platform which would be my own laptop where I could learn how to code and develop features without risking destroying a live project. Unfortunately I could not find information which would show me how to do it. At most I found Apache server migration, but I'm not sure if this is it. I have access to all project files and can access MYSQL and computer where server is located, but I could not figure out how to make a copy. I imagine that it should be an easy task to do, but outside of copying its files, I'm finding information like rewriting root folders in httpd files, etc. Yet, those tutorials do not tell me how to fully launch website on its own.
Is there something I'm missing? I need a general guidance of where to look, because I simply can't find information which would be helpful to me.

I'm running Apache on Centos system.Apache version/2.4.6. PHP 5.6.4 (Website was developed on an older version and thus I must use it myself).
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb '21 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copy all the file form the web root and copied the database?
syscon

PostPosted: Wed 10 Feb '21 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, make you your webpage php code is compatible with php.7.4-something. Most distribution will use newer version of php. php-5.6 is obsolete.

As to copy the web page it is very easy, just check where is your server root directory. Apache config should /etc/apache should tell you; so tar.gz entire directory and untar it in a new computer. Make sure you copy compare apache config setting to old location.
Use "meld" is will help you figure it out the difference between configuration files.

Reply to topic   Topic: Creating a mirror copy of already existing website View previous topic :: View next topic