logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Raspberry PI :: What is Wrong Page Previous  1, 2
Author
Timlab55

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov '21 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangent - SUCCESS!
This morning I re-ran the certbot, and wow success! I was even impressed that I got it on my phone using 4lte (not wifi). So I know it when out to the world.

And yes you are correct. I set the cert to www.gamblerlotteryclub.com and not to gamblerlotteryclub.com. What a world of differences it made. I'm so happy!

Question now: my directory tree looks like this:
gamblerlotteryclub
and inside the gamblerlotteryclub is the html file. Hey it works, I'm happy, but shouldn't the html file be in the public_html folder? If so, could you help me put it there?

Question: If you own a pi, then I know you can help me, but if not, I'll understand.
This morning I also tried to get into my desktop (GUI) of my pi, and in no way was it going to let me. Either through VNC or Remote Desktop Connection, as they both are enable. I wanted to do a backup before I lost everything (you know clone my SD card), so I ended up using Win32 Disk Imager 1.0 and 2 hours to clone my 128GB sd card, come on, I know the pi copy program can do it in under 10 mins. Any suggestions on why I couldn't get into either one of them or is there a better cloning program out there?
Thanks for all your help
Dan
Timlab55

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov '21 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangent - Don't worry about the VNC. I rebooted the whole pi and VNC came backup and running again. Was able to make my backup copies of everything I've done.

I think what I might need your help in is the apache.conf file.

This part:
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Require all denied
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share>
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>

This is the orginal. I haven't touch a thing in here. But I've noticed some people like to touch the bottom one, should I?
Dan
tangent

PostPosted: Mon 15 Nov '21 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the questions keep coming, you'll probably need to post other parts of your Apache configuration (taking note of house rules, etc).

So for now, based on your previous posts, presume you've set your DocumentRoot as follows in /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf:-
Code:
DocumentRoot /var/www/gamblerlotteryclub

In which case you don't need to change the <Directory /var/www/> block in apache2.conf, unless you specifically want to restrict access to the one subdirectory below /var/www with <Directory /var/www/gamblerlotteryclub>.
Timlab55

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov '21 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I'm breaking house rules here, truly I am. I guess I have 1 more question to ask before I'm bared then. In a few post back you said used a program OpenSSL of some sort to get the code below. How can I do that?
Thanks.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 16 Nov '21 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timlab55 wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm breaking house rules here, truly I am. I guess I have 1 more question to ask before I'm bared then. In a few post back you said used a program OpenSSL of some sort to get the code below. How can I do that?
Thanks.

On your system, there should be program called openssl.

Code:

which openssl

If not, install it via
Code:
sudo apt install openssl

Code:

openssl s_client -connect www.gamblerlotteryclub.com:443

Reply to topic   Topic: Raspberry PI :: What is Wrong View previous topic :: View next topic