logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP as MySQL socket error with FastCGI
Author
markymark

PostPosted: Wed 04 Oct '06 21:15    Post subject: PHP as MySQL socket error with FastCGI Reply with quote

I have Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 both downloaded from here, installed on a Windows 2k3 server.
I've been running PHP as a module for a few weeks and all is fine, except Apache crashes 2-3 times a day.
Needing better stability, I reconfigured PHP as a CGI using mod_fcgid, also downloaded here.

I'm now having a problem with mySQL - I can no longer make TCPIP connections, and get the following message:

Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106) in xxxxxx

Local connections (.) still work fine. If I switch back to running as a module, everything works ok again.
I've searched Google, and can see other people have had similar problems, but I've not found any solution.

Is anyone able to suggest something, or even if it's possible to use mySQL under fastcgi?

Thanks, Mark.
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 04 Oct '06 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I am using here at the ApacheLounge site also mod_cgi and using Mysql TCPIP connections, works great not a single issue and not anymore that php is "bloating" apache.

Steffen

Last edited by Steffen on Sat 07 Oct '06 16:41; edited 1 time in total
markymark

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen

Great, as soon as you can pass me that info I'll test it out.
Oh, and I'm running W2k3 Server 64-bit if that makes any difference, although I'm still using 32bit Apache and PHP.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP as MySQL socket error with FastCGI View previous topic :: View next topic