logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 2.2.3 Installation Error on Windows XP SP2 computer
Author
Nick Danger

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 18:20    Post subject: 2.2.3 Installation Error on Windows XP SP2 computer Reply with quote

I am running into an error installing Apache on my home computer, Windows XP SP2.

I go through the wizard and then at the very end it gives me the message:

"The installation Wizard was interrupted before Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

Then I just have the finish button to press.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.
CanUuRead

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

Try following this tutorial:

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570

Let people know if you're having trouble or success.

Good Luck
sb.net

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a problem like that once. i fixed it, but you do not even need to install.
Nick Danger

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb.net wrote:
i had a problem like that once. i fixed it, but you do not even need to install.

Dont need to install what? How did you fix it?

Is this a problem with the way Apache packaged this MSI file? I would say to have to go through the way the tutorial describes CanUuRead to install my thoughts would be why bother having the MSI file?

Havent run through the steps yet.. Will report back in a bit.

Thanks.
sb.net

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont bother with the msi, download a zip pack. http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
Nick Danger

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats all fine and good.. But that still doesnt really answer my question about why do they have the MSI out there if it apparently doesnt work.

Thanks.
sb.net

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know. try downloading it from a different server on apache.
CanUuRead

PostPosted: Thu 05 Oct '06 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick asked a question...so everyone lay off until he responds to this.

Nick,
MSI's not installing is usually the result of either NOT having the Windows Installer Service turned ON - OR - having the wrong version of Windows Installer Service. Look in your Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel...Do you have Window Installer 3.1? If you do not, then, go to Windows Update and Install It.

Other than that, you either have a corrupt MSI or a corrupted Windows Installer.
Brian

PostPosted: Fri 06 Oct '06 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add to the discussing, and not beating up on anyone, but don't assume that they put up MSI's that don't work. I have used the MSI's from apache.org for example and without exception they worked for me. The did not work for everyone however, and since they are just programs being installed on a computer with an operating system and god knows what else is or was at one time on that computer, it is to broad of a brush stroke to assume that they put up an MSI that does not work.

I agree that we need to air things without insult, but also "newbies" for which I still consider myself since so many know more than myself, need to be patient and not throw things out like these crazy assumptions that if it does not work for me, it must be broken.
zuwayer

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov '06 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not a problem with msi .. check this http://asifiqbal.com/2006/11/10/apache-223-installation-problem-on-windows-xp/

Reply to topic   Topic: 2.2.3 Installation Error on Windows XP SP2 computer View previous topic :: View next topic