logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5
Author
virshu

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 4:26    Post subject: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5 Reply with quote

I see that the reference phpinfo has gettext in it. However, when I am trying to enable it in my php.ini, I am getting an error:
Code:
Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/progs/php/ext/php_gettext.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
The file is there, and I was able to enable a few other extensions (mysql, mbstring, etc).

I read that gettext has has dependencies for intl.dll and msvcr80.dll. Are these compile-time dependencies or run-time? In any event, I threw them into Windows directory (like I did with libmysql) - but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?
Thanks
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 20:24    Post subject: Re: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5 Reply with quote

virshu wrote:
I see that the reference phpinfo has gettext in it. However, when I am trying to enable it in my php.ini, I am getting an error:
Code:
Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/progs/php/ext/php_gettext.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
The file is there, and I was able to enable a few other extensions (mysql, mbstring, etc).

I read that gettext has has dependencies for intl.dll and msvcr80.dll. Are these compile-time dependencies or run-time? In any event, I threw them into Windows directory (like I did with libmysql) - but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Where is php_gettext.dll located? Recently many people have said that extensions won't load and in many cases it's just that PHP does not like where they're located. You can try copying the DLL to the system directory (\Windows\system32) to see if that works.

I put all extensions in \windows\system32 when I generated that PHPInfo you link to. Also the dependencies are run-time. I also suggest putting them in \Windows\system32 (I had them there when creating PHPInfo)
Brian

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check for other dependencies?

Example, try installing the PHP_CURL extension, you need some other things to get that to work. Even getting Steffen's VC2005 binaries require other "things" to be done first. So this could be a simple issue of something is not installed, a dependent file is not in it's proper place such as c:\windows\system32 or what ever.
virshu

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 21:08    Post subject: Re: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5 Reply with quote

PaRK_7677 wrote:

Where is php_gettext.dll located? Recently many people have said that extensions won't load and in many cases it's just that PHP does not like where they're located. You can try copying the DLL to the system directory (\Windows\system32) to see if that works.

I put all extensions in \windows\system32 when I generated that PHPInfo you link to. Also the dependencies are run-time. I also suggest putting them in \Windows\system32 (I had them there when creating PHPInfo)

The extensions are in c:\progs\php\ext. That is where extension_dir is pointing to. Are you saying your extension_dir is pointing to \windows\system32? I can certainly try it for testing, but to throw all extension dll's into system32 directory seems unusual.
Brian wrote:
Did you check for other dependencies?

Example, try installing the PHP_CURL extension, you need some other things to get that to work. Even getting Steffen's VC2005 binaries require other "things" to be done first. So this could be a simple issue of something is not installed, a dependent file is not in it's proper place such as c:\windows\system32 or what ever.

Yes, I was able to install mysql and curl extensions (both of them require the same dependencies as 32-bit version). As I said, I also put intl.dll and msvcr80.dll into system32 directory. So, I guess, my question is 'what are gettext dependencies', or 'what is the dependent file is not in it's proper place'?. 32-bit version doesn't require any - that's why I am at a loss here
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 21:31    Post subject: Re: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5 Reply with quote

virshu wrote:

The extensions are in c:\progs\php\ext. That is where extension_dir is pointing to. Are you saying your extension_dir is pointing to \windows\system32? I can certainly try it for testing, but to throw all extension dll's into system32 directory seems unusual.

I leave the extension directory default:
Code:
extension_dir = "./"

I have always loaded DLLs to system32. People say it clutters up the directory but most of the DLLs start with "php" and at least in my installs the DLLs never number more than 5 or 6. I can easly find them all so for ME it's the best way (it will always find them there.)

virshu wrote:

Yes, I was able to install mysql and curl extensions (both of them require the same dependencies as 32-bit version). As I said, I also put intl.dll and msvcr80.dll into system32 directory. So, I guess, my question is 'what are gettext dependencies', or 'what is the dependent file is not in it's proper place'?. 32-bit version doesn't require any - that's why I am at a loss here

The dependencies are correctly placed in system32. Just try adding php_gettext.dll in there also. Everything built using newer Visaul Studio than version 6 will require a "msvcr_0.dll". Version 6 is included with Windows XP but I compile with version 8 so that's the need for the msvcr80.dll.
virshu

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I put php_gettext.dll in system32 (as well as intl.dll and msvcr80.dll - I still get the same error (now referring to './php_gettext.dll' if I also change extension_dir).

You mention msvcr_0.dll - I don't see such file in system32. I don't have Visual Studio installed - is it possible that this dll is required and missing?
PaRK_7677

PostPosted: Sun 08 Oct '06 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

virshu wrote:
Even if I put php_gettext.dll in system32 (as well as intl.dll and msvcr80.dll - I still get the same error (now referring to './php_gettext.dll' if I also change extension_dir).

You mention msvcr_0.dll - I don't see such file in system32. I don't have Visual Studio installed - is it possible that this dll is required and missing?

No, the file msvcr_0.dll is the same as msvcr80.dll (8 is substituted in since I built PHP with VS v8 ). Something built with VS 6 would be msvcr60.dll.

I can't see anything wrong with your configuration. I'm at a loss why it doesn't not work for you.
saivert

PostPosted: Mon 25 Dec '06 12:34    Post subject: Faulty module Reply with quote

php_gettext.dll still doesn't work even with the php-5.2.0-x64-2006-11-05.zip distribution.

It looks like this module has to be fixed up some more before compile. Check the source code, maybe something is still requiring attention.

You should NOT need to put anything in your c:\windows\system32 folder. This is a bad way to do it and it not only clutters up your system directorirs but also causes DLL hell and other stuff (concurrent versions of the same DLL can't exist in the same directory).

On Win32 and Win64 you need to add both c:\php and c:\php\ext to the executable search PATH. This means opening up Properities for My Computer, selecting Advanced and clicking Environment variables. Then doubleclick PATH in the bottom list and add the paths there. While you're at it you can add the path to Apache and MySQL bin folder as well. On Linux you don't need to do this as the filesystem is much better organized in the beginning.

After you have updated the PATH environment variable you can edit php.ini and update the ExtensionDir to e.g c:\php\ext and it should find every dependency including DLLs in both c:\php and c:\php\ext.

This works with all other modules, except php_gettext.dll which I believe is a faulty module and requires more fixups to the source before compiling.

Reply to topic   Topic: php_gettext doesn't load in PHP 5.1.5 View previous topic :: View next topic