logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL 3.2.1/3.1.5 Compilation problem on windows
Author
tavrez

PostPosted: Thu 01 Feb '24 0:32    Post subject: OpenSSL 3.2.1/3.1.5 Compilation problem on windows Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I just encountered problem when I wanted to compile latest version of OpenSSL on my Windows PC, it worked fine for previous versions tho(3.2.0/3.1.4)

Didn't you noticed any problem when tried to compile? I saw you released Apache with new OpenSSL 3.1.5.

I use VS 14.28.29914.0, Nasm 2.16.01, Perl 5.24.3

Created an issue on OpenSSL Github as well: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/23436

Code:
c:\os\openssl>perl configure

It looks like you don't have either nmake.exe or dmake.exe on your PATH,
so you will not be able to execute the commands from a Makefile.  You can
install dmake.exe with the Perl Package Manager by running:

ppm install dmake

Configuring OpenSSL version 3.2.1 for target VC-WIN64A
Using os-specific seed configuration

Failure!  makefile wasn't produced.
Please read INSTALL.md and associated NOTES-* files.  You may also have to
look over your available compiler tool chain or change your configuration.

C:\os\openssl\crypto\providers: No such file or directory at configure line 3500.
tavrez

PostPosted: Sun 04 Feb '24 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch arrived to fix this, it only appears on old Perl versions, check posted github issue for more info

Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL 3.2.1/3.1.5 Compilation problem on windows View previous topic :: View next topic